The articles and tips are copyright to Debbie Mayo-Smith & SuccessIS. You may use them for your newsletter, website or as an article. They can be reproduced - but in each in its entirety and with inclusion of Debbie Mayo-Smith as the author and the weblink www.101quicktips.com
7. Is a Deleted Email Really Gone Forever?
Delete Doesn't Mean 'gone forever'
Don’t get caught out. When you delete an email, it doesn’t get permanently deleted. It is simply moved to your deleted items folder.
You must either manually empty this folder to permanently delete items, or have the Deleted items folder empty automatically every time you close down the program.
To automatically empty your Deleted Items folder:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab (Outlook) the Maintenance tab (Outlook Express.)
- Select the Empty the Deleted Items folder check box.
Bonus: (Outlook only) Automatically emptying but hate being warned? Turn off the notification
- Click the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Clear the Warn before permanently deleting items check box.
Copyright © 2016 Debbie Mayo-Smith SuccessIS!
All rights reserved. Your Privacy